CROMOHS invites theoretically informed work from a range of historical, cultural and social domains that interrogate cross-cultural and connected histories, intersecting the history of knowledge, emotions, religious beliefs, ethnography, cartography, the environment, material culture and the arts.
CROMOHS publishes only in English. Other than in exceptional circumstances, contributors for whom English is not a native language are expected to be responsible for translation. All submitted manuscripts must be original contributions that have never been published before (in any language), and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
CROMOHS is published once a year.
Peer Review Process
- According to the procedures employed to select articles for publication in CROMOHS, no manuscript can be accepted until it has been appraised by the Editors and sent to at least two reviewers. This will occur no later than three weeks after the deadline for the call for papers. The Editors’ decision as to whether or not to publish the manuscript is influenced considerably by the comments of the reviewers, who are all experts in their respective fields.
- The review process is double-blind. Only the Editors know the identity of the author and the reviewers. In order to maximize objectivity and ensure that the manuscript is judged solely on the basis of its content and contribution to the field, the author’s name and credentials are removed before the manuscript is sent to the reviewers.
- The reviewers are requested to evaluate the manuscript within six weeks. If it is recommended for publication, but alterations or corrections are needed, the author is expected to submit a revised version within three weeks.
- The Editors have the final word on whether an article is accepted or rejected.
Firenze University Press is experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service
(APC) Article Processing Charges
There are no pre-publication author charges (commonly known as APCs) or article submission charges (ASC), and any reader can download articles and reviews free of charge, at any time and in perpetuity.
Cromohs is published one time per year
Indexing and abstracting
Cromohs is indexed by:
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine) (through DOAJ)
- Historical abstracts
- SCIRUS (Elsevier)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- SCIVERSE (Elsevier)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek EZB (Electronic Journals Library)
- Google Scholar