Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- To submit your manuscript online you must be "Author". Please check the flag "Author" in Roles of your Profile. If you have an ORCID iD, we recommend linking it to your account in Public of you Profile.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (preferred), OpenOffice, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables (captions included) should be placed within the text at the appropriate points, or at the end, but they SHOULD ALWAYS ALSO be uploaded in the format in which they were generated at high resolution.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Literature cited should follow the style applied in the last but one issue.
Literature style strictly follows the journal rules, as you can see in papers published in the papers published in the last two issues. Please see the Author Guidelines section for further details.
- During submission the email contact of ALL authors has been added (and the ORCID ID of each of them)
- Figures are loaded as high quality separate files (in the format in which they were generated), and additionally can be included in the word file to help referees work. Raster and scanned images should be saved as one of the following formats: tiff or jpeg, at the appropriate resolution: 1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour.
- Authors are aware that a paper charge will be levied for publication of their paper (see ABOUT THE JOURNAL, CONTRIBUTION TO PUBLICATION), when the manuscript is accepted (charge reduced for MPU members). Papers will be published in the first issue available only after proof of the paper charge payment is received. For information contact the Editorial Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only papers written in English are accepted. It is very strongly recommended that non-English speaking authors have their papers revised before submission by someone with full professional proficiency in English.
Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY-4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in PHYTO
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
We will only use the personal data gathered over this website as set out in this policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.