Focus and Scope
SocietàMutamentoPolitica is a journal of sociology. It includes theoretical and empirical studies of social phenomena in the belief that the interweaving of society and politics is of crucial analytical importance. Sociology is a form of knowledge that works alongside other social sciences and offers a rational tool for a critique of society and for the development of good government. The main aim of SMPis to encourage an exchange of views among sociologists by promoting open debate and encouraging the young to undertake new research.
Peer Review Process
Submissions are first evaluated by the members of the Scientific Board within 4 weeks. If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to at least two reviewers.
The peer review process is double blind: both referees and authors are kept anonymous. Referees are asked to evaluate the manuscript within 3 weeks. If the reviews are positive but the paper requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to send it back in 4 weeks. The decisions of the Editorial Board are final.
Firenze University Press is experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service
Article Processing Charges (APC)
SocietàMutamentoPolitica does not ask for articles and submissions processing charges APC
Indexing and abstracting
SocietàMutamentoPolitica is indexed in:
- BASE – Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access journals
- ESCI - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- EZB – Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek – Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg
- GOOGLE Scholar
- JournalTOCs – Journal Tables of Contents (TOCs)
- NewJour – Electronic Journals & Newsletters, University of Georgetown
- PLEIADI – Portale per la Letteratura scientifica Elettronica Italiana su Archivi aperti e Depositi Istituzionali
- SCIRUS ELSEVIER
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory