About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Scrineum Rivista is the first green open access journal in the field of manuscript studies at an international level.
It was founded in 2003 by a group of scholars of Diplomatics, Palaeography and Codicology working at variousItalian Universities, who since 1999 have managed the internet portal “Scrineum. Saggi e materiali on-line di scienze del documento e del libro medievali” (On-line essays and resources on the history of Medieval books and documents).
In 2012 it was ranked as a ‘class A’ journal by the Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Research and Universities (ANVUR).
Scrineum Rivista aims to publish original research articles in a wide range of fields, reflecting the of perspectives from which the history of written culture, meant as a more general history of men and ideas, can be investigated.
Contributions to Scrineum Rivista are welcome from both established and early-career scholars. The journal offers:
• double-blind peer-review by international referees;
• unlimited, free open access to its contents;
• wide dissemination of the articles within the national and international scientific community, also through online search and indexing tools.
Peer Review Process
Submissions are first evaluated by the members of the Scientific Board within 4 weeks. If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to at least two reviewers.
The peer review process is double blind: both referees and authors are kept anonymous. Referees are asked to evaluate the manuscript within 3 weeks. If the reviews are positive but the paper requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to send it back in 4 weeks. The decisions of the Editorial Board are final.
Scrineum is experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service
Scrineum is annual, published in December
Article and Submissions Processing Charges (APC)
Scrineum does not ask Article and Submissions Processing Charges (APC)
Indexing and abstracting
Scrineum is indexed in:
- ACNP Catalogo Italiano dei Periodici
- BASE Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- EZB–Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek – Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg
- Google Scholar
- JournalTOCs – Journal Tables of Contents (TOCs)
- NewJour – Electronic Journals & Newsletters, University of Georgetown
- OAIster [OCLC – Digital Collection Services]
- SCIRUS ELSEVIER
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory